- What is the Wifi Router?
- What is the best WiFi Router for Gaming?
- What is the best Affordable WiFi Router under $100?
- 5 Top Rated Best Wireless Routers (2020 Deals)
- Buyer’s Guide: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying Wireless Router
- 1. Range of Wireless Routers
- 2. Single, Dual or Tri Band
- 3. Standard Signals
- 4. Security Protocols
- 5. USB Connectivity
- 6. Wired Connection Availability
- 7. Antenna Type
- 8. IPv6 Protocol
- 10 Best Wireless Routers For Long Range [2020 REVIEWs]
- 1. NetGear NightHawk X10 (Best Cheap Wifi Router 2020)
- NetGear NightHawk X10 Review
- 2. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack (Best Cheap Router)
- Google WiFi system, 3-Pack Review
- 3. NetGear Nighthawk R7000 (Best Router Under 150 Dollars)
- NetGear Nighthawk R7000 Review
- 4. Asus RT-AC86U (Best Router For Big House)
- Asus RT-AC86U Review
- 5. AmpliFi HD WiFi System (Best Wireless Router For Multiple Devices)
- AmpliFi HD WiFi System Review
- 6. Samsung Connect Home (Best WiFi Router For Long Range)
- Samsung Connect Home Review
- 7. D-Link DIR 890L (Best Wireless Router For Multiple Devices)
- D-Link DIR 890L Review
- 8. TP-Link Archer C7 (Best long Range Router)
- TP-Link Archer C7 Review
- 9. Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router (Best Buy Wifi Router)
- Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router Review
- 10. TP-Link Deco M9 (Best Router For Multiple Devices)
- TP-Link Deco M9 Review
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Having a Fast and Consistent internet connection is your dream? Do you looking for the best wifi router? In this review, we are going to cover the long range best budget gaming routers with a buying guide. Whether it is about fast downloads, live streaming or even official office work, you need a good enough internet connection that is as least interruptive as possible.
Aside from your ISP and internet connection, the quality of your wireless router also affects the performance of your internet.
What you need is a good enough wireless router that allows you to work from anywhere within the range of the router and the keeps the internet connection stable throughout your work or gaming session.
What is the Wifi Router?
A wireless router allows you to access the internet without having to physically connect a device with the router. You just simply connect to the internet through a WiFi connection.
This type of router allows you to connect your mobile devices to the internet as well. It is a much better and efficient way of connecting to the online world as compared with a wired connection.
What is the best WiFi Router for Gaming?
Based on the user reviews, we have found that routers by Netgear like NetGear NightHawk X10 are gamers’ first choice so you might want to go with that if you are looking for an excellent gaming experience.
What is the best Affordable WiFi Router under $100?
WiFi routers come in all kinds of price ranges, from $100 to $300 and even more. If you are looking for a cheap product then we recommend going for Google WiFi 0r TP-Link Archer C7 as they offer the best price to performance ratio.
But you should know that these devices won’t support a whole lot of features. If you want more features then you have got to loosen up your wallet strings a little bit.
5 Top Rated Best Wireless Routers (2020 Deals)
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers...
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all WiFi...
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for...
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1500 square feet wireless coverage with...
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf...
- Wired ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players,...
- Each nest wi fi router provides up to 2200 square feet of fast, reliable wi...
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your WiFi remains fast;...
- Nest WiFi is easy to set up in the google home app; connect and manage...
- Whole-home coverage - An eero 3-pack is a whole-home WiFi system that...
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can...
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to...
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 2000 square feet wireless coverage with...
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 35 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf...
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players,...
Buyer’s Guide: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying Wireless Router
1. Range of Wireless Routers
Wireless Range is one of the most important factors that you need to consider before buying a Wireless Router. Are you looking for office use or just for your home? Based on your answer to this question you’d know which one you should buy. Whether a simple or a Mesh Wireless Router.
2. Single, Dual or Tri Band
WiFi Band technology used determines how latest and powerful your wireless connection is. A single frequency band broadcast wireless signals on a single frequency (Generally 2.4GHz). Dual and Tri Band wireless routers transmit signals at 5.0 and 6.0 GHz respectively.
We recommend going for a router that is at least dual bands because that way you get the support for older devices with 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz gives you additional power for extreme usage.
3. Standard Signals
Your Wireless router should support Standard Signals because they determine the strength of your Wireless connection. These signals are 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11ac. These signals are in alphabet order and the strength increase in this order. So that by7 pattern, 802.11ac should be supported by your Wireless router.
4. Security Protocols
Your wireless should come with standard connection security protocol. These protocols make sure that your information remains private and inaccessible any to third party.
Standard security protocols are WEP, WPA, WPA2. These security protocols sit at different levels and require different levels of access thus ensuring the security of your wireless connection.
5. USB Connectivity
Make sure that you Wireless router has a reasonable number of USB ports. For personal use about 3-4 ports should suffice but if you plan on using a router for your office then you should consider investing in a router that comes with more USB ports for Ethernet Connection.
6. Wired Connection Availability
Although our main focus is on Wireless Routers, but when you decide on buying a device make sure that if supports wired connection as well. Because although wireless technology has come a long way, wired connection still beats it.
Wired connection can be through a USB port. Most routers that you find online come with about 2-3 USB ports but still there are some products that has 8 or more LAN ports. So you have a lot of options and you can choose the one that works best for you.
7. Antenna Type
Wireless Routers comes with 2 different types of antennas. Latest router models prefer internal antennas as they complement the device design and that is in fact a right move, if you are going for looks that is.
Still, we have found that external antennas broadcast signals at much better rates and their range is also better. So, it is more about your preference.
8. IPv6 Protocol
Older wireless routers support only IPv4 protocol which is becoming an old standard. What you need is for your wireless router to work on the latest IPv6 standard for maximum security and better connection.
With the internet network technologies becoming better every day, you’d want to adopt to the latest standards for maximum performance value.
Buying a reasonable WiFi router is a difficult task because there are so many options available for you and you just don’t know which one to go for. Keeping that in mind, after thorough research we have gathered together a list of top 10 best Wireless routers that you can find in the market.
10 Best Wireless Routers For Long Range [2020 REVIEWs]
|Best WiFi Routers||Rating||Best Features||Price|
|1. NetGear NightHawk X10||4.1/5||4K Streaming, VR gaming Experience, 7 Ethernet Ports|
|2. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack||4.5/5||Supports Dual WiFi Bands, 2 Ethernet Ports|
|3. NetGear Nighthawk R7000||4.3/5||Dual Bands WiFi Connectivity, Supports DD-WRT|
|4. Asus RT-AC86U||3.7/5||Dual Band Router, 8 LAN ports, Dual Core Processor|
|5. AmpliFi HD WiFi System||4.3/5||Dual Band Mesh Router Easy to Configure|
|6. Samsung Connect Home||3.3/5||Dual band Router, Works as SmartThings Hub|
|7. D-Link DIR 890L||3.6/5||Tri-Band Router, Excellent QoS|
|8. TP-Link Archer C7||4.1/5||Dual Band Router, Comes with total 6 Antennas, 2 Years Warranty|
|9. Apple Airport Extreme Base Station||2.5/5||Dual Band Router, Comes With 3 Lan ports|
|10. TP-Link Deco M9||4.4/5||Dual Band WiFi router, Supports built-in Smart Hub|
Let’s briefly review each of these products and hopefully, after that, you’d know which one you should go for.
1. NetGear NightHawk X10 (Best Cheap Wifi Router 2020)
Overview: Although quite expensive, NetGear NightHawk X10 is what you need if you want super-fast streaming experience and a top-notch Virtual Reality Gaming Experience. You can get this WiFi router for about $400. That is just an estimated price, it may vary from vendor to vendor.
NetGear NightHawk X10 Review
X10 comes with some pretty exciting features. It supports there WiFi bands. 2.4 GHz, 5.0GHz and 6.0GHz. Along with powerful WiFi connectivity, is also comes with 7, Gigabit Ethernet ports including 6 WAN and 1 LAN port. It also supports Multi-User, Multi-input, Multi Output feature.
With its 160MHz WiFi technology, it offers lightning fast connection to mobile devices. X10 is what you would call a device for the future. Many of its features are not supported by most devices these days but the users who have used this device has found it to be one of the best ones as compared with its competition.
- Supports WiFi with MU-MIMO for high speed on mobile devices
- X10 Support a total of about 7.5bGbps WiFi Speed
- Best for 4K Streaming and Live as well as VR Gaming
- Comes with 7 Ethernet Ports
- Supports Amazon Drive backup and Amazon Alexa Commands
2. Google WiFi system, 3-Pack (Best Cheap Router)
Overview: Google WiFi is not just a router, it is a full-fledged WiFi system which comes with WiFi Units which one functional offer the best internet experience. This device would be unlike any other WIFI router that you have ever seen both in terms of design and performance.
Google WiFi system, 3-Pack Review
Its design is one of the best things about this router. The whole package contains 3 small identical WIFI units that are tiny and take very little space. Each Unit is about 4.1inches in diameter about 2.1 inches height.
Aside from design, its performance features are also exceptional. It comes with a dual band WIFI (2.4and 5.0GHz) and also supports IEEE standard 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. It comes with two ports for Ethernet connection. The design is antenna less so one more damage risk is avoided. The router can controlled with Google Home or Alexa commands.
- Supports Dual WIFI Bands
- Also Supports Basic IEEE standards
- Comes with 2 Ethernet Ports
- Comes with 710MHz Quad core processor and about 512 Mb Ram.
- The design is Quite Elegant
3. NetGear Nighthawk R7000 (Best Router Under 150 Dollars)
Overview: Another top of the line product by Netgear, R7000 is your best choice if you are looking for quality bandwidth on your router. It supports dual bands and both work at peak performance allowing you to have the best Wireless internet experience on all devices.
NetGear Nighthawk R7000 Review
Netgear is AC1900 and offers 1300Mbs speed on 5.0 GHz band and 600Mbps speed on 2.4GHz band. You can see this is actually a pretty powerful device. Design wise this router is pretty badass. It all black and comes with 3 detachable antennas. One downside about its design is, it is pretty big so you’d need to free up some space for it sit on.
R7000 comes with some pretty exciting features. It support DD-WRT which allows you to run third party firmware based on Linux operating system. It also supports openVPN and openDNS which gives you full parental control package which is built within the router.
- Dual Bands with fast Connectivity
- Supports DD-WRT
- Comes with a parental Control package
- Offers top-notch quality of Service
4. Asus RT-AC86U (Best Router For Big House)
Overview: Asus is most commonly known for making high-end gaming laptops that offer unparalleled gaming experience. But laptops are not the only thing that they make. Asus also has some pretty powerful routers that you can in a fairly reasonable price range. The one mentioned, RT-AC86U is a top of the line wireless router than you can but under about $300.
Asus RT-AC86U Review
Ironically, the design of this product is quite like any other gaming laptop developed by Asus so it can be a cool addition to your gaming peripherals. The design is all black with hints of red along antennas. There are 4 antennas for the best transmission of signals. Overall the design is sleek and gives an awesome feel.
Talking about the features, it comes with 8 LAN ports which on top of outstanding wireless are a great addition to the native features of the device. This router can also work as a NAS as well. It is a dual band router that supports 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands that give you lightning fast internet connection experience that works without interruptions.
- Dual Band Router with Amazing Wireless Connectivity
- Comes with 8 LAN ports
- Also Supports NAS functionality
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- USB Connectivity Support
5. AmpliFi HD WiFi System (Best Wireless Router For Multiple Devices)
Overview: If you are looking for a powerful mesh router that extends wifi signals to your entire home or workplace then Amplifi HD WiFi System is the device for you. Although it is a comparatively less known device, we have found it to be one of the best mesh wifi systems that you can find in the market.
AmpliFi HD WiFi System Review
This device has a pretty catchy look that makes it stand out from its competition. The design is white-colored, light-weight and takes very little space. The apparent look is quite aesthetic and if you let it sit on any table around your house it’d look like a piece of art. This wifi router destroys the idea of setting up routers being messy.
Setting up Amplifi HD WiFi System is pretty easy. When you turn it on, the interface asks you to download Amplifi app for Android or IOS and then you can set it up by following just a few steps.
This Wifi router is fairly cheap as compared with other products on the list but still works efficiently and if you are looking for a device with latest features under this price range then this is the device for you.
- WIFI Mesh that covers your entire House
- Dual Band WiFi Router
- Supports Up to 5.22Gbps staggering speed
- Comes with a smart touch display for easy configuration
- Easy Plug and Play Setup
6. Samsung Connect Home (Best WiFi Router For Long Range)
Overview: If your place has a number of android based smart devices then what you need is a Samsung Connect Home WiFi router to better manage all of that. It is a great wireless mesh router that extends the WiFi range of your router to your entire house or workplace. The best part about this device is you can use it as a smart home hub to control other smart appliances of your home
Samsung Connect Home Review
The design approach used here by Samsung is pretty awesome. Home Connect Comes in a set of 3 puck shaped devices that are all in white color and have a Samsung logo on the top along with an LED indicator on each of the pucks that blinks red or green to show different device statuses.
All three pucks when appropriately placed can cover up to 1500 sq ft of area. The dual band that supports 866Mbps on 5.0GHz and 400Mbps on on 2.4GHz offers a great and interrupt free wireless connection experience. The device also comes with an about 6 meters long LAN cable for physical connection.
- Dual Band WiFi Router
- Comes with LED indicators for Showing Device Status
- Also packs a 6m long LAN Cable
- Covers about 1550 square feet
- Mesh Router System that covers your entire place
Overview: D-Link DIR 890L has a unique design along with some pretty fine list of features. Especially the design is remarkable. It is unlike anything we have ever seen and it is probably one of the most stylish WiFi routers that you can find out there. And as far as the speed, ease of setting up, power and other benchmark features are concerned, it is really is one of the finest choices for a w WiFi router.
It comes in All Red with some hints of black that give it a pretty exciting look. The design also features about 6 antennas accurately placed for maximum range coverage. Such level of consistent power is necessary if you have a large space that you need covered.
One downside is, with DIR890L you only get about 4 LAN ports. To us, that’s a pretty unreasonable use of this device’s potential because it can clearly do so much more. But other than that, it is a fairly decent device as far as the Wireless connectivity is concerned.
- Awesome WiFi connectivity with AC3200 Tri-Band Technology
- Allows you to connect more devices that other routers on the list
- Packs 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- Excellent QoS
- Intuitive User-Interface
Overview: If you are looking for a router that allows you to do your basic internet related task efficiently then TP-Link Archer C7 is the device for you. Reason? It is the most budget friendly router that you can find out there. There are not many such devices that you can find that offer such consistent price to performance ratio. We assure you that if you buy this device, you’d be paying exactly for the value of this amazing Wireless Router.
As far as the design is concerned, although pretty simple but it still looks quite decent. It comes with 3 antennas for long range and consistent connection. It also has 3 internal antennas which add to the power of this amazing device. Also, it is a dual band router so you can run it on most of your devices without much difficulty.
One downside is you won’t be getting any extra features that although add more money to the device’s value, also make life much easier for you. But other than that, this is probably the best device that you can get within this price range.
- Dual Band Wireless Router for secure WiFi connection on all devices
- Comes with 6 antennas (3 Internal and 3 External)
- Also Supports USB Access
- Comes with an App for easy configuration
- Comes with a 2 Years Warranty
9. Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router (Best Buy Wifi Router)
Overview: With Apple Airport Extreme Base station WiFi Router, apple has set up its foot into another market and we have got to say it looks like they are going to take a lead this time as well. This amazing looking product is a decent combination of style and power. You won’t get this level of connection consistency and security with any other router in the market.
Apple Airport Extreme Base Station Wifi Router Review
Design wise it is pretty similar to most apple products. It comes with a white colored finishing with an Apple Logo on the front. Since it is a dual band writer, it offers a stable wireless connection. This Wireless routers has incorporated latest WiFi standards for an interruption free transmission of signals.
It comes with about 4 LAN ports and a USB ports which we’ve got to say are placed at just the right position. This device would be an interesting collection to your other Apple products.
- Works on Latest WiFi Standards for Stable Connection
- Comes with 3 LAN ports and a USB port
- The design approach is pretty decent
- Dual Band Wireless Router Allows you to connect all your devices
- Supports both PC and Mac
Overview: Another Decent product by TP-Link, Deco M9 is a Mesh Wireless router that addresses your WiFi coverage issue in the best way. It contains multiple unit for consistent connection throughout your home and work environment. If you are the kind of person who has a need for consistent wireless connection at all times then this is the device for you.
Deco M9 has a pretty intuitive design and with its white-coloured exterior, it comes off as a pretty decent device. It also comes with LED indicators at the top of the device for showing different device statuses. Also, the device is pretty simple to set up. You can configure Deco M9 with an App this provided with the unit. The app has a pretty self-explanatory interface so it is pretty easy to set it up all by yourself.
This router falls on the high-priced spectrum of Wireless Routers but we assure you that if you decide on buying this device, it would be totally worth it.
- Dual Band Wireless Router That offers Stable Wireless Connection
- Comes with a Built-in Smart Hub
- LAN and WAN ports for Ethernet Connection
- QoS Guaranteed
- Allows you to set up parental controls
Recent Related Buying Guides And Lists:
- Best Portable Wireless Chargers 2020 (For iPhone & Samsung)
- Cheap Wireless Mouse 2020 [Top Picks & Buying Guide]
- Best Computer Vacuum Cleaner [Best For Keyboard And Electronics]
- Most Expensive Gaming Mouse Of 2020 (Top Picks & Buying Guide)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Selecting a good enough WiFi router is solely relevant to each individual and their preference. For each person, there standard of the best wifi router would vary. So, it is all about your preference.
Still if you want to know how to choose a WiFi router for yourself then we suggest coming up with a list of requirements that you want your Wireless router to have and then start your search with that information.
There is not one right answer for that. There are a number of WiFi routers technologies and each come with their own pros and cons.
What you need is a list of features that you want your router to have and then find device that fulfils that criteria. It is all about your work requirement.
A WiFi router broadcast wireless signals to computers and mobile devices that allow them to connect with the internet. The devices must be able to support a certain frequency with which the WiFi router transmits the signals if it wishes to establish connection with the router.
Buying the best WiFi router requires you to do thorough research about the features and requirements that you want your WiFi router to have. Only then you can make a reasonable choice.
If you don’t want to go through all that trouble then this is the list for you. Our List of Top 10 Best Wireless Routers 2019 would help you narrow down your choices. And if you are still having a hard time deciding then you can always consult our buyer’s guide for further information.
Check out the TechnoMono list of Top 10 Wireless Routers and let us know what you think about it in the comments section.