If you’re a general contractor or electrician looking to increase your efficiency when bending PVC conduit, then a PVC Blanket Heater from Rama Corporation is a tool that will help you accomplish just that! A PVC Heater Blanket allows electricians and contractors to slowly heat up PVC pipe and allow its users to make up to 90 degree bends in a matter of minutes.
No more need for cutting tools to install 90-degree elbows which becomes a possible issue when trying to run electrically. Now you can just heat it up and bend the PVC to the proper angle having long sweeping bends that allow for better pass-through with electrical wiring.
I am sure you have come across many jobs that require conduit to run and only to find out that you will need to make many bends in order to complete the job. More PVC fittings will create a common issue seen over and over with electrical conduit. These blanket heaters are much more convenient than a large heave hot box bender.
TechnoMono Savings For Blanket Heaters [Today Deals]
- Bring the heat with this 50 x 60 inches electric blanket. Our warming...
- Our large-sized heating pad for two is designed with built-in micro-thin...
- This heated blanket is smartly designed with detachable 10 feet long power...
- Warm and dry your blankets with this easy to use blanket warmer
- Expandable hose and hinged air flap provide widespread heat coverage
- Present functions and manual controls let you choose the electric heater...
- 【Luxuriously Soft & Super Warm】: Crafted from Premium soft and cozy...
- 【Multiple heating levels & 3 Timer Settings】: With Update PTC heat...
- 【Upgraded Safety & Flexibility】: Adopt 2020 Comprehensive NTC...
- Save Money, Energy and Help the Environment!!! SAVE 2x MORE WITH OUR...
- R-VALUE 7.1!!! Reduce Heat Loss by 40% !!! Recover Your Investment in a few...
- Fits All 20 to 80 Gallon Tanks / Fits Gas or Electric Water Heater
- WATER HEATER BLANKET - SmartJACKET is a unique system that creates a space...
- IMPROVE EFFICIENCY - Improve the efficiency of 95% of all water heaters in...
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION - Easy to install and easy to clean, fits gas or...
If your familiar with what a hotbox bender you will know they are not very portable. They need to be mounted in a truck and all pipe would have to be bent on the truck. This is not convenient at all. Rama Corporation PVC Blanket Heaters are lightweight (under a few pounds) and very portable. Imagine having to bend conduit in a home attic, this would only be possible with a portable heating blanket.
How to use the PVC Blanket Heater?
The simplicity of the PVC blanket heater is quite amazing. There really isn’t much too it and I am sure you will develop your own methods once you have had time to use it. A lot of our own contractors have their own specific way of wrapping the pipe but that will be up to you. Pipe bending is definitely going to be a bit of an art once you get started. It does take a little bit of time to get a grasp on.
Step 1: Lay the PVC blanket flat on a surface and slide the pipe that you would like to bend centred over the blanket.
Step 2: Wrap the blanket around the pipe as tight as you can get. This is where your own method will eventually come into play. The tighter you can get the blanket around the pipe the quicker the pipe will heat up more evenly.
Step 3: Allow three to four minutes of heat time and you will begin to see the pipe has become pliable in the blanket. Once its been about four minutes unstrap the blanket and remove.
Step 4: Bend the pipe to your desired angle, keeping extra attention that you don’t collapse the pipe. There are many different methods this and only practice will make you a certified pipe bending professional. We suggest testing the blanket out on a few different pipe lengths so you understand how it works
Rama Corporation PVC Blanket Heater Features
- Well insulated power cord, built in strain relief, and molded rubber housing for thermostat allow for rugged outdoor use.
- All metal, automatic thermostat provide uniform and controlled heating for precise bends every time.
- The Velcro® strap allows heater to be applied and removed from PVC piping with ease and speed.
- Steel rods are molded to the longitudinal sides of the heater to facilitate proper contact with PVC pipe and heater.
- Heavy duty materials; including t-stat, power cord, velcro® strap, and fiberglass re-enforced silicone rubber.
- Unique circuit design and the way the heater is constructed ensure controlled, even heating for uniform bending time after time.
Coming from a long line of contractors you will find many products year after year that is a complete waste of time and a gimmick. This is not one of those products. We have had many use cases where this tool has come in very handy and will continue to use it year after year. The quality of design and materials that have been used in these products are like no other on the market.
The PVC Heater Blanket continues to heat evenly and we see no loss in heat up times on this product either. Other heater blankets that we have used in the past have slowly lost their heating speed and temperature over the course of time.
If you looking to add a quality product to your arsenal of tools then your toolbox should definitely have this tool in it. We really hope you enjoyed this article and hope that it gives you some insight into the advantages of having this tool available.
- 18 Best King Size Mattress For Side Sleepers (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- 15 Most Powerful Electric Pressure Washers
Last update on 2021-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API